Hello Anyone,
Thought I should lay out what's happening with me, in case you didn't already know.
Yes,
it appears I have cancer. Colo-rectal, as they say. We have caught it
early (a good thing, of course) but I will be undergoing "treatments", and
surgery will be required (ugh).
After much running about, consultations, imaging, second opinions, interminable waiting,
and driving, driving, driving, we have decided to go to Princess
Margaret Hospital in Toronto for the treatments.
This will
involve 5 weeks (!) of chemo/radiation, 5 days a week. So we will be
living in Toronto during the week, and spending our weekends at home
(whoopee). This will shrink the tumour and ready it for surgery.
The surgery will occur after about two months' rest, which means sometime in April or May. Having talked with the surgeon, it does not sound very nice. Beyond that, probably more chemo.
Well, we shall see. I'm not really
thinking much beyond that. One day at a time is about all I am capable of.
I will keep you posted.
So, Cheers! (No, really!) Although our life has been totally disrupted, and we must live in Toronto 4 days out of 7 for the next 5 weeks, there are no symptoms, no pain, no indications at all. I'm still just me. Slightly more disgruntled than usual, but just me.
Details of the experience, tastefully edited as to be suitable for dinner conversation, will be forthcoming.
Pat
Okay, maybe all my posts are being posted - but I can't tell - and it is frustrating me as I am attempting to respond to your blog .... grrrrr
ReplyDeletePS I think it is getting sent now! K
Who would have thunk that cancer could be so amusing? Proof, I suppose that Pat is still Pat. Excellent blog, though despite having one of my own I managed to read it backwards.
ReplyDeletecheers
J.R. Mac.