Wednesday, January 16, 2013

#4. A Chapter List

I tried looking back on the two weeks just passed since New Year's, and it was a blur.  Everything was all jumbled up in my mind; what we did, when we did it, how it felt.  So with a lot of help from Sharon, I have tried to set out events as a Table of Contents, in an order somewhat approaching reality.

I doubt I will write about everything here, but it does serve to fix things in what's left of my mind.  A framework on which to hang my blogs, as it were.

I'll post it for your continued amusement and edification.


Wed., Jan. 2

1. In Which We Learn That the Doctors Will See You Now.

2. Finding Princess Margaret Hospital.  Or Not.

3. Parking in the Sky, a Bargain at Only $5.00 per 1/2 Hour.

4.The G.I. Waiting Room.  Oh My God, It's Full of People!

5. We Meet the Rudest Receptionist in the World.

6. Dr. MacKay, Lady of the Chemos.

7. The Slowest-Moving Nurse in the World.

8. The Worst Waiting-Room Poster Ever.

9. Radioactive Dr. Ringash.

10. Lunch at Druxy's, $40 for Three, No Cheeseburgers.


Fri., Jan 4

1. Forty-Five Minutes of Clunks and Bangs.

2. A Romantic Lunch With Ontario Hydro.  Could Life Get Any Better?


3. "Simulated" MRI and CT Scans. We're Just Practicing!

4. Leave Your Pants at the Door.  But you can Keep Your Socks On . . .

5. My First Tattoos Ever.  And They're on My Butt!

6. And we go shopping for boots . . .


Thur., Jan. 10

1. In Which We Meet Dr. Mackay's Tiny, Perfect Intern, Dr. Wong.

2. We Visit Sharon's Niece in Her New Apartment,

3. Spend a Night in a Nice Hotel,

4. And Learn How to Spell Pogue Mahone.  Will This Be On the Exam?


Fri., Jan. 11

1. Breakfast Should Not Be the Most Stressful Meal of the Day.

2. We Climb Mount Sinai and Meet Dr. Erin Kennedy, Super-Surgeon, at the Top.

3. And the Ever-Radioactive Dr. Ringash.

4. Adventures in the Pharmacy, or, Does Anybody Here Know What's Going On?

5. The PMH Lodge, a Most Despicable Hive of Scum and Villainy.


Mon., Jan.14

1. A Real CT Scan (Not the Fake One).

2. And It All Begins for Real.




2 comments:

  1. This is well written and damn funny. I am glad that you are keeping your sense of humor. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I am very sad to hear your news, and very happy to read your blog. Pat, you are a man of few spoken words but many excellent key-strokes. I will be watching, and waiting for news. ~Michelle on King St.

    ReplyDelete