Monday, February 16, 2015

#13. Climbing Mount Sinai Again

It's Pat's blog!

Just a note to anyone interested that I will be going to Mt. Sinai tomorrow (Feb 17) for surgery.  Not as severe as last time, I hope.  I will have my ileostomy reversed (ie removed/repaired) and receive a shiny new colostomy in return.

This was not what I had initially hoped for, but the alternative was a repeat of the surgery I had almost 2 years ago.  The chances of success for this were not encouraging, so I opted for the lesser of two evils.  So be it.

I expect I will be in the hospital about 10 days (somewhat less than last time) and I hope the effects will be somewhat less unpleasant.  The procedure is much less invasive and more straightforward.  Plus, there is no cancer to contend with.

So cheers,

Pat

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Pat. I wish you a successful surgery and an easy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! I know you will sail through it and all will be fine, and soon the nurses will be begging you to leave.

    I tried to post another comment, but it disappeared. Hope it works this time.

    Come back to Sheen when they let you out. All is forgiven.

    Cheers, David

    ReplyDelete