Hi All,
Not a real blog, just an an information post, to let you know that we are in Toronto for my surgery.
We will see Dr. Surgeon today (OK, actually Dr. Kennedy). She will tell me what I have to do tomorrow. (I already know. It involves those words "purge", and "cleanse", and a delightful concoction known as "Pico-Lax". Yummy. And no food. And Jello. Which is not a food.)
And on Wednesday morning, I will present myself, all cleansed and purged, at Mount Sinai Hospital. Surgery will ensue. Yay.
I will be in the hospital at least a week, and possibly longer, but not too much longer, I hope. (10 days? Whatever. It will be what it will be.)
So if you're in the neighbourhood, I should be more or less coherent by the weekend. I warn you, though, I will have a morphine "pain pump", and I'm not afraid to use it.
So if I begin to babble about spiders from Mars, or talking cheeseheads, you might be visiting me too soon.
I am hoping to watch the Masters, though. We'll see . . .
Pat
Stay tough!!! I will have a Corona for you in New York!!!! Take care my friend!
ReplyDeleteI will have a glug of Scotch for you in Sheenboro, hourly, for as long as you are in there. I will be communicating via telepathy, so keep down the spider/Mars thoughts. Just think good thoughts.
ReplyDeleteBest to you, and to Sharon. Cheers!
David
Keep that sense of humour Pat, it's as good as morphine though morphine has been working for my kidney stones, which have no sense of humour whatsoever.
ReplyDeleteWe will see you Saturday and hope you are semi coherent!
May the force be with you,
Chqrles
Here's to a highly successful surgery! You can ROCK this, Mr. Pat! My thoughts will be with you and Sharon. Love,
ReplyDeleteK M-W
Good luck Pat!!! I'm sure you'll be fine to watch a little white ball on Sunday.
ReplyDeletePlease make sure they don't remove your sense of humour!!
All the best to both you and Sharon!!!
Rick & Sue
Thanks for the update! I will be thinking of you, and drinking every chance I get..... my love to Sharon.
ReplyDelete- Sal
You and me, Sal!
DeleteYou go guy!
ReplyDeleteWe'll Coronatoast your health on Wed while watching Life.
JR and Marina (disclaimer: the lame joke is mine alone)
You go kick the shit outta that C, Pat. I will be thinking of you guys & sending good vibes. I am not sure what to add to all this talk of toasting, unless it means we are all adopting a liquid diet in solidarity this week, in which case count me in, as usual! Michelle
ReplyDeleteDitto to all!!!(How lazy). I'm sure Dr. Kennedy knows her way around a colon. Jello will be a new food group for you, maybe they could prepare it with a shot or two of vodka. Keep that Morphine pump handy and we will be thinking about your journey. Best to that Sharon.
ReplyDeleteC.